Sometimes the lines become blurry, or we let something slip because we’re tired, or NO ONE TOLD US that that is apparently “unacceptable” within corporate offices and our day to day work. Well after two years of swinging the corporate bat I’m going to share what I have learnt!
1. NEVER EVER EVER eat fast food/deep fried food/stinky food at your desk. At the time you may not think about it, but it is super permeable and can frustrate the people who surround you. If in doubt, take it to the lunch room!
2. The skirt and the shorts are to ALWAYS be knee length or below. Anything above the knee can just come across as crass, not to mention the constant worry of flashing your knickers. The only exception with this is if you are wearing leggings/thick stockings underneath, and please do not do this with shorts….
3. Cute and Classy ladies, Sexy is for the bedroom or the weekend.
4. Nails – now this one was a bit of a shock to me but totally made sense once I realised why. Please keep your nail length to a minimum, 90% of work involves typing, and that click clacking on the keyboard can actually drive some people quite nuts. Its like pen clicking repetitively, super annoying. Also keep to subtle colours with your polish.
5. Keep social media to a minimum during work hours. My company is largely relaxed and runs off more of a trust basis, so none of our internet content is blocked. Saying that, it’s not good for your boss to walk past and see you sitting on it. Also rack up the privacy on you Facey profiles, no one at work needs to see you drinking out of a shoe when you where 17…20…OK, OK last weekend, and it was a ice cream container.
If you ARE in a jam then head over to my Pinterest and have a look at what inspires me for my daily outfits!